Kia Cee'd interior fuse box & 12V socket question

How do you get the lid off this thing? It's got a recess to poke your fingers in and pull with but pulling hard just distorts the cover without the lid unclipping or opening.

I'm probably not using enough force but I'm loath to pull harder in case I'm missing some "knack" or subtly pulling in the wrong direction.

I want to get in to see if it's possible to easily convert one of the two

12V sockets in the car to a "permanently live" one without ripping the dash or centre console apart. Gone are the days when you could have an easy grope behind a dash and find wires. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim