9-3 (1998) fascia question

Before I start prising the joins and wrecking the plastic, does anyone know the least damaging way to get behind the fascia panel that holds the heater knobs on the old 9-3. I need to do something about an inoperative air blower speed control on my non-A/C 9-3 TD Advice from those who've been there gratefully accepted.

chas

ps anyone want to recycle the boot spoiler wing off my late lamented 2dr T16S aero?

Reply to
chas

You might be able to get it out the same way that my climate control panel comes out - pull out a couple of the switches or blanking plugs underneath the panel, then stick your fingers through and push the panel out from behind. In case that doesn't work on the manual controls, you'll need to take out the glove box and then take off the centre console side to get better access to push out the panel.

I took the glove box out of mine last week. The only annoying bit is an awkward plastic clip up against the bulkhead. Don't forget to pull off the section of door-seal that the side of the box hooks under.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Before you start taking things apart, what's actually wrong with your blower speed?? It's just that I had problems with mine and it was just a component on the control pcb which was accessed from the engine bay...

Reply to
Nasty Bob

In message , Nasty Bob writes

Thanks. Now that's interesting. I would never have guessed that. The blower knob simply doesn't do the business any more. With a bit of serious wiggling and pushing of the knob it can sometimes be persuaded to blow full blast but intermediate speeds have gone. I was assuming a faulty multway switch never imagining that there would be a pcb somewhere.

Thanks also to Colin for his advice.

chas

Reply to
sutherland