rear heater & wiper & boot release not working on ford escort

can anyone help as the rear heater & wiper & boot release are not working on my M reg ford escort. I am going on holiday soon & want to get this sorted before I go.

Reply to
higgsy

Try cleaning the little patch of connectors between body and boot.

Reply to
Scott M

IIRC, they use the hinges as an 'earth'. Try running an external wire between the tailgate and body to prove this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

seconded

Reply to
dojj

Cleaned pads & ran new earth all worked well last night, then this morning not working again, what else could it be.

Reply to
higgsy