Kwik Fit / Fiat Brava

Any idea why Kwik Fit won't fit front shock absorbers on a Fiat Brava? Was just trying to get a price to try and sort a price match, and they say they're not allowed to do them.

The other local fast fit centres will though.

Reply to
Alan Gauton

Alan Gauton ( snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A close escape. Your guardian angel is working for you today.

Reply to
Adrian

Count yourself lucky they don't

Reply to
R. Murphy

rofl

Reply to
reg

theory is they only like doing fast and easy shockers, 2 bolts, done, big wad of cash for kwik fit. but as others say "lucky escape" :)

Reply to
jOn

I did say I had no intention of getting them to do it, just to try and find the best price for price matching purposes. And still nobody answered the original question.

Reply to
Alan Gauton

The gentleman you replied to answered the question!

Reply to
DervMan

yep, policy is if it takes more than 30 mins to do both, then fob the customer off by saying either. 1. Not in stock, 2. Can't get them for 3 days, 3. Suck in hard and say "Fiat" ooh, that'll hurt, 4. hmm, it's not the shockers but the bushes too, they'll have to come from Fiat and will take 5 working days to get. 5.say " sorry love, our fitter is off sick until next week, can you call back then", . 6. say" sorry, wrong number" then keep the phone off the hook as customer redials or simply say 7. Didn't the Fiat dealer tell you there was a recall on the front shocks and we can't touch them! any of the above should help the kerbsde cowboys.........

Reply to
zagga