Lada 2104 G/box problem

I was given a 1994 Lada 2104. It seems OKish but it jumps out of 4th gear all the time, is this a common problem with these cars? all the other gears are fine.

Reply to
Marty

Get ready for all the Lada gags.......

Reply to
shazzbat

That's horrible! What did you do to deserve that?

Dave P

Reply to
David Precious

2104, Is that a Riva? If so it uses the same gearbox as my Niva. You could check that the detent springs are OK. They are behind a plate on the RHS of the gearbox.

You could also try asking on the forum at

someone there will be able to help. If you need spares Alan who runs the site is a very helpfull chap and spares are cheap too.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Hello Marty.

04 Nov 03 19:25, you wrote to all:

M> I was given a 1994 Lada 2104. It seems OKish but it jumps out of 4th gear M> all the time, is this a common problem with these cars? all the other gears M> are fine.

Yes. All kinds of problems are common with Ladas.

Sergey

... WARNING! Driver only carries $20.00 in ammunition

Reply to
Sergey Vizgunov