LAGUNA 1.9 STARTING PROBLEM

HELLO GUYS I HAVE THE ABOVE CAR AND DRIVING HOME FROM WORK THE CAR JUST CUT OUT(LOST POWER) PULLED OVER ON THE MOTOR WAY AND TRY TO START IT, BUT THE ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WONT START I HAVE SINCE THEN CHANGED THE FLY WEEL SENSOR AND THE STARTER MOTOR.....BLED THE FUEL LINE FOR AIR AND CHECKED FOR LOOSE WIRES AND DID A DIOGNOSTIC CHECH AND THAT DID NOT BRING ANY THING UP EXCEPT THE TDC SENSOR THAT WAS REPLACED EVEN TRIED TO TOW START BUT NO JOY PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP THE CAR STILL WONT START CAN ANY ONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME BEFOR I TAKE IT TO A MAIN DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS KYE

07985314190

GIVE ME A CALL AND I WILL RING YOU BACK RO JUST REPLY TO THREAD........

Reply to
kye

The message from "kye" contains these words:

Apart from your CapsLock button being stuck down - have you checked that the camshaft is going round?

Reply to
Guy King

I think the repeat post button must be stuck down too!

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Well other than the stuck CAPS LOCK problem.

Is the camshaft still turning? Also, is this a petrol or a diesel? Provided the cambelt is still attached and doing it's job, I'd suspect the fuel pump not working.

As for the TDC fault, alot of ECUs will register it as faulty unless the engine is running.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

yep the camshaft is moving!!!

Reply to
kye

its a diesel 1.9 dti V plate..... the fuel pump is working tested it and blead the lines as well..... i have changed the cam belt and fan belt as wel... still no joy...

Reply to
kye

thanks for your HELP aLAN ;))

Reply to
kye

Just checked autodata for this vehicle. It's an electronically controlled fuel injection pump system.

Given the only fault code you've had is the TDC sensor, which possibly isn't an actual fault, it is more likley to be a mechnical fault. When you bled the injectors, did the fuel come in out in good strong squirts with no air, or did it just sort of pump out copious amounts of fuel without any real pressure? However, if you drop me an email (moraycuthillv21meuk), with the engine code (going by autodata it should be a F9Q 710 or 716), I can email you the checking instructions for the fuel related components.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

its a F9q 710>>>

when i bled the injector pump at first it just squrted out a little and then stop after that we changed the TDC sensor only to discover it fuel flowing out strong with no air.....(pump out copious amounts of fuel)

Cheers Moray

Reply to
kye