Laguna 2 (All Renaults), Alternator Pulley sheared off; options?

one of the most common problems on various forums; The alternator Pulley on my Laguna 2 1.6 16v, has yet again sheared off, despite having it welded back on.

lots of people have suffered this problem But I can not find a permanent solution.

Has anybody ever solved this conundrum? is there any alternative Alternator that doesn't lose its pulley so easily?

the belt stayed intact both times, so I suppose I should be grateful, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
uktunemonster

Have you asked the folks at The Renault Forum?

You have to join, of course, but if anyone knows, they probably do.

Reply to
Davey