Last Austin/Rover Maestro off the line.

ebay sale

shame its a diesel, i owned a 1300 petrol , never a moments problem.

Reply to
reg

Shame? That 2.0 turbodiesel is very economical, as pokey as you'd want, rides well but needs, no, *absolutely* needs power steering.

Reply to
DervMan

Nor a moments pleasure.....

My mate hated his Maestro, and he was given it for free...

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

yep, not a piece of history I'd like to preserve... Still they rode quite well..

Reply to
john

"Arturo Ui" wrote in news:U4wtg.37645$OT.16498 @newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

I quite liked my Maestro, until it turned 2 years old, when all the electrics self destructed and the gearbox went. Sold it for £500 just to get rid of it. Not a bad price for a 2 year old car though.

Reply to
Tunku

john ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nor, it would seem, do BMIHT want to...

Besides, "Last Maestro" is a little disingenuous. "Last Maestro if you exclude the CKD ones that went to Bulgaria, came back, and got UK registered", p'raps.

Reply to
Adrian

They were pleasant enough cars to drive in their day - with power steering, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "reg" contains these words:

Nowt wrong with the diesel.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Arturo Ui" contains these words:

We had two and I loved 'em both - and the Montego that followed them.

Reply to
Guy King

No, but the 2.0i turbo they did had absolutely outrageous performance at the time.

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

At the expense of actually being able to do anything other than a straight line, sadly.

Reply to
Guy King

Confirmed!

The MG 2.0 EFI (Elephant's Friend Inside) I had went like poo off a stick. Mind you, the 1.3 A series I had a few years later didn't do so bad either (could blow off most of the Porche drivers, I recon they were all watching the fuel guage rather than the speedo).

Both wonderful cars, and as someone else said, not a moments bother. (Until the headlining fell down).

Reply to
zikkimalambo

LOL my headlining did the same, in fact most maestros did !

Reply to
reg

The message from "reg" contains these words:

!
Reply to
Guy King

*cough*