Loss of traction

Had it been dry for a long time without raining? When it rains for the first time after a long period the road can get very slippery, this usually only happens in the summer though.

There could be two reasons for the loss of traction : You were demanding too much from the tyres The tyres didn't have enough grip

I suspect that it was a bit of both, wet roads make a huge difference! The grip is 'shared' between the steering and acceleration. So if you are steering hard you won't be able to accelerate so hard.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Come on guys, lets be constructive!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

We are. He can't drive.

Reply to
Conor

Who hasn't occasionally given it a bit too much welly. If he'd piled it you'd be right.

Reply to
JohnR

The message from "JohnR" contains these words:

Can we assume there's supposed to be a question mark on the end of that? ;-)

Yes, of course we've all overcooked it from time to time - but few of us are then at a loss to explain how we got into the mess.

Reply to
Guy King

That's true. I'll get my coat.

Reply to
JohnR

Few of us can explain how we got into the mess. There probably aren't many women that understand traction, and there are probably a lot of blokes who don't understand it either.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk