Lucas HT Leads

I've seen Lucas HT leads for my ford escort zetec engine, going cheap on ebay, & as mine are 8 years old (original mototcraft still fitted) I thought it would be time to change them. Are they any good? How do they compare to bosch? (I'm confident with these as they cured the backfire problem on my last LPG escort).

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave Griffs

Anything other than original Ford Motorcraft leads on a Zetec are a false economy. Yes, even bosch...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Crap.

Use only genunine Motorcraft, Bosch, or Magnecor.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

What about Lumenition? I have just fitted an expensive set of pretty blue transparent silicon ones to my LR Disco V8 on the assumption that they are amongst the best. I hope to convert it to LPG soon and it was a bit of forward planning along with new Lucas distributor cap and Lucas rotor arm.

Les

Reply to
Dadio

They're a conductive bit with an insulating bit round them , they're not rocket science.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Damp String

Reply to
sQuick

On or around Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:11:26 GMT, "Tony Bond \(UncleFista\)" enlightened us thusly:

last bosch leads I had were utter crap.

Magnecor are the bees knees when it comes to plugleads.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks for all the replys, decided to go for the motorcraft. The price wasn't as bad as I thought £30 inc VAT, not bad considering halfrauds own make are £27.99.

Reply to
Dave Griffs