MAF Help!!

Hi All

I have just bought a new MAF for my Passat PD115 as the car seems to have very sluggish acceleration especially around 2200 to 2400 rpm.

I put the new one in and ran her down the road. WOW what a difference. The car accelerates much faster than it did before and seems more responsive however...

A low speeds with the accelerator only slightly depressed the car is very difficult to drive as the engine jerks badley. Also when pulling away the revs die before it picks up. Also when accelerating hard through from 2000 to 3000 rpm the acceleration various as it goes through the rev range.

So is it possible I have been sold a duff sensor or has changing the sensor highlighted another issue?

I have now put the old sensor back and at least I can drive the car in town again.

Any help appreciated. I will speek to the people I bought it off on Monday and hope they may change it but I bought it off ebay so I don't know how helpfull they will be.

Thanks in advance

Paul Edwards

Reply to
Paul Edwards

Sounds like you still have a faulty MAF. Where did you get this one from??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Tim

It looks like a reputable company so hopefully they will be helpful.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Edwards

| | It looks like a reputable company so hopefully they will be helpful. | | Paul |

What was the result then?

Reply to
DCA