Renault Megane Starting Problem

Over the past week or two I have ocassional problems getting the engine to start.

V reg 1.6 16v Renault Megane Classic

Most times it starts fine. No problems once running. idles smoothly no loss of power no misfiring or hesitation.

But, about 5 times now in the past week or two I have tried to start it but the engine just turns over and will not fire.

Once it fires it starts and runs fine, but earlier today it took about 8 attempts to get it to start.

It never make a half attempt to start. It either turn over and will not start at all or it starts straight away. Once it does start it runs with no problems at all, never cuts out once started.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Daryl.

Reply to
hedwig-0101

Classic Renault Immobilizer problem. Try the spare key for a week or so, if no better- have dealer renew antennae and fit modified connecting lead from antenna to ECU.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thanks for the reply.

I do not really have a spare key, I use both key at random (depends which key I find first)

I have now marked the keys to identify if one key is causing the problem or if it is both keys.

The engine imoboliser light goes out and both keys operate the remote central locking. Is it possible that the imoboliser is not being disarmed fully?

Would replacing the key batteries help?

Where is the anteena located? I cannot find it in the haynes manual?

Thanks for the help

Daryl

Reply to
hedwig-0101