anyone use Precision Industries Stallion?

Hey there, I have been contemplating dropping down the 700 bucks for the P.I. Stallion torque converter, but before I do so I wanted to hear some comments about it. I currently have 3.73's and a transGo shift kit. Everyone tells me to just ditch the AOD trans and swap in a T-5, but I'm not too thrilled about the reliability of T-5 transmissions. I also kind of like the fact that in the bumper to bumper California traffic I don't need to shift or push in the clutch all of the time. I was thinking of going with the 2800 stall w/ lockup. I can't really figure out any true benefits of going with a non-lockup torque converter. Is there anyone out there with a similar setup? If so, how much of a difference does a high quality high stall converter make? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Kyle

Reply to
KICKERSCRT

Kyle I have a TCS (Canadian Company) custom built High Stall (2200 to 2400) lock up converter. The stall speed was chosen based on the power band characteristics of the stock engine. As I understand it the converter will allow the engine to rev into it's power band faster with less lag time and immediate acceleration. For the stock 5.0 HO this occurs at about 2200 rpm. I was told by the manufacturer that the correct High Stall can shave up to

1/2 sec. in the 1/4. Follow this link
for more info..
Reply to
Richard

Agree completely. I had a PI Stallion converter on my 95GT (stock engine) and it was a perfect match. When you mashed the gas the converter would flash to the power band and stay there. What a difference in acceleration! Highly recommended.

FYI, the reason I "had" a PI stallion and don't have it any longer is that I prefer to row my own gears and converted to a 5-speed. It is not as fast as with the PI converter but, for me, it's more fun.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall