Map Sensor

When my car kept cutting out on junctions,took it to the garage,had it sorted

they said they had to replace the map sensor

didnt like to ask em...but,what's a map sensor !!?

Reply to
Jane Carpenter

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure

JK

Reply to
JK

Ohhhhh, so that's what it is?!

I thought it was something much more technicackle than that.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Manifold Absolute Pressure (sensor) It measures the level of vacuum in the inlet manifold of the engine, from which the computer calculates engine load and thus fuel required to make it run. It uses other sensors to help it calculate the amount of fuel needed too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..