Mayo under my oil fill Cap

I recently purchased a 2008 Coblat and when i changed the oil i noticed mayonnaise under my oil cap. the car was sitting in the lot for three months before i bought it and i have been driving it long distance for about two months now. the car only has 20,000 kms on it so what could be causing the mayonnaise? the oil was fairly black when i changed it and i wasn't even at

3000kms since purchase, could it be that the dealership didn't change my oil for a long time? Melissa

url:

melissa marie

In message , melissa marie writes

What's a Coblat?

Anyway, sound like you need to change the oil as a first step. You don't know when it was last done and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the original oil. Change the oil and take it from there. I would imagine that you won't have anymore problems after that.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , Paul Giverin writes

Sorry, just read that you have already changed the oil. Is the mayo still present?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Paul Giverin gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I presume it's another 'merkin muppet who doesn't quite understand the concept of "UK" - with a Chev Cobalt (rebadged Astra)

Reply to
Adrian

Or a Canadian, judging by the mention of kms.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan