Mazda Xedos 6 Brake Pad Change

The missus has a Xedos 6 2ltr V6 on which the brake pads at the front are about ready for renewal. I have replaced pads on all sorts of cars in the past but this is the first time with a car fitted with ABS.We have no service manual for the car so any advice would be gratefully received.I have read that on some ABS cars you have to pull a fuse before working on the brakes.As the ABS and brakes seem to share a master cylinder what happens when you force the pistons back into the calliper??

Morris

Reply to
Morris

On the front you just treat it the same as a normal car. (Actually on the back you just treat it as a normal car as well). There is a school of thought that says that instead of pushing the old fluid back you slacken the bleed nippple & let it out when you push the piston back)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Did my brakes on my ABS car just before Xmas and bled some fluid this way. Made it a lot easier to push the caliper back in!

Reply to
Scott M