Servicing a VW Polo

Hi All,

I was inspecting my 95 VW Polo last night, checking the oil etc etc. I noticed that there is a bubble shaped container with green liquid inside it. This is at min so I am anxious to find out what it is and what goes into it. As it is not water and therefore requires me to buy something for it. This yoke is next to the container for the windscreen wiper!

Thanks and regards.

Reply to
Kevin Downey

RTM first - they always list what goes where! Failing that, it sounds like power steering fluid.

Reply to
Scott M

Never seen inside a VW but it maybe the break fluid.

Reply to
Peter

If it's GREEN fluid it's more than likely the expansion tank for the radiator. The green is caused by the anti-freeze mixed with the water. I would check to see if anything is written on the side of the "bubble" or on the cap on top of it. In my experience, anything to do with power steering (hydraulic fluid) or brake fluid has a red or brown cast to it and usually has a cap with a built in dip-stick Get an owners manual from somewhere or ask a dealer. If it is indeed your expansion tank, you can top up with water, or a mix of water and anti-freeze.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

The polo uses G45(I think) pink radiator fluid. unless it has been changed at somepoint and not just topped up

Reply to
Scott Mills

Well, that muddies the water a bit !!! LOL.

Reply to
Stuart Gray