Megane changed water pump, now won't start?

Hi All.

I have just changed the water pump on my P reg Megane and now it won't start?

I have got all the mechanics back OK. I didn't do anything with the electrics but its like to engine management won't let it start now. You don't get anything from the engine?

Am I missing something?

I would really appreciate all your help

Regards Den.

Reply to
Den

Does it crank ?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

No. Nothing at all.

Reply to
Den

Dont top post.

Anyways, you must have either distrubed a main feed to the starter when changing the pump- like an earth strap or you're doing something entirely unconnected with the start procedure!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

do the dash lights come on?

Reply to
dojj

Thanks for your replies

It is actually cranking now. But it still won't start? Any ideas on what I can check?

Thanks.

Regards Den.

Reply to
Den

Would I be right in guessing the water pump is driven by the cambelt? Are you sure you didn't disturb the timing?

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

has it got the immobiliser system that needs to be reset (ie turned off then on) I had this once which foxed me for a while, I had changed the oil on some piece of french crap, when I turned the key to start it nothing happened, the immobiliser had come on with the key in the ign. |Removing the key and setting the doorlocks, then unlocking and trying again had it going.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful