Megane running Badly

Does anyone have any ideas

1997 car 130k miles always runs well

Now Starts perfectly Runs for 5-10 miles like a dream and suddenly loses power and stalls at lights

Any ideas. I have changed tdc sensor Someone suggested oxygen sensor or lamda heater Is this likely. There may be a small leak from a slight crack in the ehxust manifold but would this give the symptoms Also does anyone know of a garage with a DEC code reader in London area

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Which engine?

After its stalled- does it easily restart or what?? If not- do you have spark. Do some basic diagnostic work first.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I've got a crack in mine (the manifold!) and it doesn't seem to cause that problem.

Might be worth checking the little hose that goes to the MAP sensor, and also other breather hoses around the inlet manifold area. They are supposed to occasionally split in the bends causing a little air leak.

Might also be worth checking the spark plugs and HT leads. Very old fashioned idea I know, but they still do deteriorate over time! Had to change my plugs recently and its run a lot better since.

Reply to
Davemar