Metro camshaft lock tool

I have been looking for a camshaft locking tool in preparation for a timing belt change.

I have a 1992 Metro, with a 1118cc K8 carburettor engine. The only tools I can find are specified for the K16 engines. Does anyone know if the tools are the same as I cannot find part numbers.

Thanks for any advice

Bill

Reply to
Bill

this engine does not need a locking tool, it is merely lining up the marks. Replace the tensioner and the water pump at the same time unless they are recent as both have a habit of going. Unless of course you don't mind the extra labour, which isn't too hard on one of these.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

DOH!!

Just realised that the K16 is a twin cam, and mine is a single cam, so of course the K16 tool would be useless for mine.

OK, so I'm a silly irriot!!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for that. Please see my post below. Our postings must have crossed in the post!

Reply to
Bill