Rover Metro High Lift Cam

Does anyone know where i can get a high lift/performance camshaft for my L reg Metro Si 1400 8-Valve Single Point Injection.

Cheers, Kris

Reply to
Kris French

Fuel injection engines don't like performance cams (unless you get the ECU setup on a rolling road) A Mini cam should fit.

Reply to
Marty

Not in a K-Series.

To the OP:

have everything you need to know.

Reply to
A.

Reply to
Kris French

Don't bother with the 8 valve Spi. A high lift cam will do bugger all in the

8v especially strangled by the spi. Find an early-ish (i.e. non immobilized ECU) 1.4 16v out of a GTi or 2/400 Sli and transplant that for instant 103bhp.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Reply to
Kris French

Err, yes it is.

It's a 1.4 K8, found in the 1.4L, 1.4S, 1.4SL, 1.4GS and 1.4GTa. From around

1992 many were given single point injection, before that they used the SU KIF 44 (I think) carb. This gave us the 1.4Si and 1.4GSi. K8 means K series 8 valve (single cam).

The 1.4 K16 is found in the GTi 16v Metro, both single point (1991) and multipoint (1992), as well as the Rover 214 and 414. K16 means K series 16 valve (twin cam).

You can get a K8 in 1.1 and 1.4 forms, K16 in 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 1.8VVC forms. And there's the KV6 but we won't go into that.

I've owned both a 1991 1.4GS and a 1993 GTi 16v.

Reply to
A.

If it's a 1400 Metro it is.

Not all were.

The Metro fitted with the 'Mini' A-Series engine didn't have fuel injection.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

If you have a 1400, it is a K series. They were available in sohc and dohc.

IFAICR, the 8v sohc was carb or SPI, the 16v dohc was SPI or MPI

Other posters have pointed out it fairly futile trying to do anything with an SPI 8v engine. The 16 MPI however is an absolute gem of an engine if maintained. 103bhp stock without the cat, about 95 with. Bit coarse at times, but a nice engine none the less.

One poster posted this link. You will find reference, but not much, to the

8v engine.

If you can find a good k16 1.4 + MEMS, it will drop straight in and provide much more power than the strangled 8v.

I have driven an 8v Rover 100, a 16v 100spi and my old 414 16v mpi and beleive me, the difference between them is marked.

Reply to
Sean

learn somethin new every day. lol

encompassing