micra 1995..first car!...no manual!

Passed my test in June and have just got my first car a Nissan Micr

1995. Am still terrified at the thought of being in control of all tha metal! Now for my question which is going to sound like a REAL blond one!...........I dont have the manual for it ...........so where do check the oil and other things!!...God sounds dum even to me!! Wher can i get the info i need?

-- amethyst

Reply to
amethyst

Buy a Haynes manual from somewhere like Halfords

Reply to
Classic Car Man

look on ebay or halfrauds for a haynes manual.

or this maybe

Chicken George

By "manual", do you mean the owner's handbook? If so your choices are probably a main dealer, or look for a used one to come up on eBay. (There's not one there at the moment - I just looked for you.)

If you mean a workshop manual, the cheapest option is a Haynes manual. I'm pretty sure one will be available for the Micra. This will contain the basic info that you are looking for, and other procedures that may be more that you will want to tackle. It's useful to have one for an older car; if you have problems that you can't fix, someone you know might be able to help given the right information.

Some will sneer at the accuracy of Haynes as a source of info, but they are generally pretty good. You will find them at your local Halfords amongst other places.

You could also check in your local library. These often have manuals for popular cars.

May I suggest another option? Look to see if your local college does short car-care classes. Even if you are not intending to be too hands-on, the knowledge you gain may help prevent you getting ripped off by an unscrupulous garage at some point in time.

Oh, one more thing. Drive carefully!

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

By a remarkable coincidence, I happen to be selling that haynes manual on ebay.

at the moment ;)

Reply to
Neil Postance

Can't fault that and you can save a small fortune in minor repair costs....

I did one, would fully recommend.

Reply to
Tom Burton

Halfords will sell a Haynes manual or something similar and in the first couple of pages it will show where to top up oil etc.

bucket

Reply to
bucket

Sneer no. Swear loudly at, and regret there is no better source of info, yes. (IMO, car makers should be compelled to give their _complete_ servicing manuals away with the car)

My best tip for haynes manuals is to not actually blindly follow the procedure. This leads to

when you arereplacing one knob.

Read the procedure from end to end. Now, check as far as you possibly can, that your car actually matches up with all the bits mentioned in the procedure.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Sadly, they are number one in a field of one!

Probably the best bet for the OP however.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The barrier to entry is quite stiff. Even only taking the cost of a (say) 10K car - you need to sell several thousand books to break even. A DVD, along with the book, actually illustrating things might be nice.

Reply to
Ian Stirling