dodge colt 200 NO SPARK

Hi there, I have a 1991 dodge colt 200 hatchback, It was workin

absolutely fine, then one day (actually last week to the day) my wif took it to work and had no problems, came out after work and no spark. Being the tinkerer that I am, I went to the distibutor, and though ahhh modules ... removed it and did sime diagnostic tests and now dont think its the problem. Put it all back together and of course n spark.. Read my service manual and thought ahh haa trouble codes. S I craweled on the ground to see the connector beside the fuse pane (think thats it, looks like the one in the picture for the manual) an put my ohm meter on the 2 pins, turned on the key expecting to have t record the codes... nothing at all... so I thought hmm perhaps thi isnt the right connector.. crawled around some more and there is n other connector.. I suspect the ECU as there is no spark, but m father had a rather interesting idea.. Pehaps the ignition switch i shot... I get power to the distributor before cranking... Unable t test this out as the wonderfull engineers buried the starter underneat the fuel manifold. And being a large tall man of size that just i not gonna work..

my question is this... based on the info I have presented.. Do yo think the power transistor is shot, ignition switch or ecu... ?? o something else.

Im taking it to the shop tomorrow to have them tell me what I think know for 75.00 which is the ecu is shot or some other component tha costs more than the car is worth is... gotta love mitsub for makin such exspensive parts !

If you have suggesitons please email me snipped-for-privacy@telus.ne

- bburwel

's Profile:
this thread: