Micra: glove box catch: fitting instructions

K11 Nissan Micra, N reg. The glove box catch (on the glove box cover) has broken. I have ordered a replacement catch part from the Nissan main dealer (£8) and intend to fit it myself. The parts guy said I would not need any special tools to do this.

How do I remove the existing part? Anyone done this? Looks like I will need a pair of pliers to twist it off. But the part is plastic, pliers may bend it.

Thanks Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps

You may have to destroy the old one to get it out. Small plastic things nowadays tend to be fitted by the "push it in unil it clicks" method. This means they can get any brain-dead bozo to build the cars, but I digress. Wait till the new part arrives, and you will be able to see the parts of it that you can't see with the old one; this will help you decide how it's fitted.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat