Heat/Air Control Box

Hi all!

Boy, am I in a lot of doo doo right now... The heater control box (for lack of better name) on my '95 has two broken doors in it, and the control motor on the side is broken...

I pulled the lower cover to expose the heater core, so I could get my hand up inside the box to check the doors. The top one is broke, and the bottom one (that controls the floor heat) is all sticky with crap.

I assume over time they got all gummed up, got stuck, and when the motor went to move them, they broke. No air to the front vents, just a mix between floor and defrost...

Needless to say, I'll have to replace the whole unit. I checked LMC, but they show all parts but that unit, which means a special order dealer part or a trip to the boneyard.

Has anyone had any experience replacing this unit? It looks like the lower part that contains the doors and motor might come apart, but I can't really tell.

I'd hate to have to swing that whole dash down, but if I do, is there anything I need to watch out for?

Any experience/advice is appreciated.

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick