Mini 2012 timing chain local repair man or main dealer

Except the Prince engine is a PSA-BMW joint venture, built (for Minis) in Oxford.

And, given the N47's cam chain problems, I rather suspect that BMW did that bit of the engine - chains are unusual for PSA.

Reply to
Adrian

I've had two DOHC BMW 6 cylinder engine versions with chains - and neither gave trouble. Although tensioner problems seem to be more common on the V8s. Be interesting if they used some new type of tensioner.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Except the Prince engine is a PSA-BMW joint venture, built (for Minis) in Oxford.

And, given the N47's cam chain problems, I rather suspect that BMW did that bit of the engine - chains are unusual for PSA.

BMW gave PSA the Vanos and Valvetronic tech on some engines. They might have said, "here this works with a chain" due to the vanos system, but they certainly didnt engineer the chain drive itself. You only have to look at it to see its not BMW's work.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim