Timing belt

Any way of checking if the timing belt has been changed on a 2006 VW Caddy?

Reply to
tpmccann

If ever you're unsure, just do it. And the water pump. And the tensioners. With decent quality bits.

Reply to
Adrian

the fella who did the belt on my Renault, and he wasn't a main dealer, put a sticker that he presumably found in the bag on the engine, with the date marked on it. If you can't find anything like that, I would change it, as Adrian says.

Reply to
Davey

If a private owner then a reply paid query to the previous owner is always worth a try.

Reply to
Scott M

That may simply confirm that the previous owner paid somebody to do it. It doesn't prove anything as to whether the job was actually done!

Reply to
Graham J