mk3 punto 1.2 8v DTC P0352

Hi,

Looking for some advice,

I have a mk3 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 53 plate. Recently developed an issue where DTC P0352 pops up and starts to run on 2 cylinders (1&4). This occurs after the engine gets up to temperature and then switched off and back on again whilst still warm.

If I leave the engine to get cold, it runs fine again.

P0352 represents coil b voltage fault. I have swapped the coils over during fault conditions, but fault does not move, so I suspected the low voltage side.

Stuck a multimeter on the low voltage side and am getting 12V so assume that no fuses gone. Not able to monitor for the spike at the low voltage side, but when i measure resistance from second pin to earth on both coil feeds they appear to be similar at about 1.4 ohms (i did not expect this as i believe the spike to be generated by ecu removing earth, however, if both are same and one is working, this must be ok).

So I am kind of at a loss now and cannot find a decent wiring diagram anywhere to trace the wires end to end.

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Cheers

Robbo

Reply to
robbo

you could possibly looking at an ecu fault rather then a coil fault, I've changed a couple over the years, quite a *common* problem.The scanner throws up miss-fire coil x/y, but replacing the coils made no difference, in the end it was the ecu. from memory the scanner pulled out code p0351 number 1 coil failure.

the ecu is located on the back of the throttle body, approx price £300 main dealer, you may get it cheaper elsewhere, BBA-reman maybe

is a set up procedure for fitting a new ecu.

Reply to
reg