MK4 golf coolant temp display

mk4 golf 1.6 8v se AEH 1999

I had the common temperature guage not working properly syndrome which I bought a new guage from ecp and fitted fine. A week later the problem is back.

What might be causing this ?

I did buy the sensor form Eurocarparts and have no reason to doubt there quality as I buy stuff there all the time with no problems. Saying that is it likely the sensor could be duff ?

Any ideas whats that best course of action ?

Reply to
Dubber

If the connecter's fine (which isn't a given) then you might have a duff one.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If you have VAG-COM see what that thinks the temperature is.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I had something similar on mine and changing the sensor fixed it, gauge was fine. The code showed up on the diagnostics, best to start there, or maybe get your new sensor exchanged.

Zimmy

Engine coolant temp sensor is one of the common problems on the mk4 platform. They are cheap enough from VW. The old ones have problems which VW know about and now have an updated on - think it has a green top.

Reply to
slider