Mondao Problems.

My Mondao is starting to play tricks on me, the speedo stops working and then the petrol warning light comes on and the airbag warning light flashes , sometimes one at a time sometimes both together. The petrol one will go out on it's own sometimes,but the airbag one needs the ignition to be switched off,sometimes! The speedo has a mind of its own and plays when it wants too.

I think it is an intermittent electrickery problem but where do I start my search for the cure?

Thanks all.

Reply to
Rory

Sounds like a connector problem to the dash panel assembly, possibly a bad ground connection. Have a look at the wiring diagram in the Haynes and see if you can spot any commonality between the three elements, for example do they all come in on the same connector into the panel? Or whip the dash assembly out, look for obvious bad or loose or dirty connections and rectify. First you could maybe jack the front up and start the engine up and spin up the road wheels a bit so the speedo's reading something, then poke around at the connectors to the dash assembly and see if you can cause the problem, and thus narrow down the connector that's giving you the problem.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

"Vim Fuego" wrote in news:SJyoh.22720$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

Take a look at the following link. Sounds very similar to your problem.

(Sorry it's long. I've forgot how to do the short URL thing.)

Stu

Reply to
Stu

That's not long. And it's far better than some meaningless tinyurl...

Reply to
David Taylor