Mondeo Air Bag Light

Hi

I've bought a Mondeo, a 1.8LX 1999. (It was VERY cheap!!)

I've had it about 3 weeks and the air bag warning light has started to flash. It is flashing four times and pausing. Sometimes it doesn't come on when I start the car, but then it comes back, when I'm breaking usually.

Anyone got any ideas??

Expensive??

-- r

Most likely the connecter for the seat belt pretensioner underneath the seats loose.

the fault codes

Reply to
Duncanwood

I'd tend to agree. The fact it lights up when braking suggests the connection must be dodgy as it is, amplified by the force of braking. Start the car and move the seat back and forth and see if the light comes on.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Thanks for that guys. Informative site. I'll go and check that when I finish my coffee.

-- R

Sorted Yellow wires under seat were caught on the bottom of the seat and stretched, unhooked and connections fiddled with and everything is fine. Previous owner much shorter than me.

Thanks Guys