Mondeo annoying problems

Mondeo 1.8 TD estate. Problem 1 :-
Intermittent operation of central locking (both lock and unlock) while key in ignition / driving. Bit of a worry incase I'm not in the car at the time.
Problem 2 :-
Front screen heater only half works. I know five Mondeo owners and none of the front screen heaters work completely. Some work on driver's side only others on passenger side only.
Any suggestions as to cause(s) would be gratefully received.
Happy New Year

I haven't seen this one before, but I'd check the system out by following the instructions at <http://www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm

There is a separate fuse for each side, so I'd start by checking that.
Fuses are both OK, is there a relay involved with a seperate contact for each side ?

more than likely one of the leads has burnt out at the screen power connector or the earth, or simply that the screen has failed. check for power at the lead, if there is then disconnect the earth and recheck for power at the earth connector of the screen, if there is power then the earth connection is probably faulty, if none then there is a break in the screen.
double check that your readings are correct by checking the same bits on the good side.
mrcheerful