Central Locking.

Hi new here and hoped that you may be able to assist.

I have a 1999 Focus 1.8 petrol zetec The central locking has just stopped operating. I have always used the remote key (with three buttons) but it now refuses to operate. Secondly when you use the key manually the only doors that open are the offside ones. The near side doors remain locked. Once inside the remote boot button on the dash does not work, although it will open with the key.

I have a second key that does not have any buttons and that key has a blue section on the head of the key. If I unlock the car with this I get the same results.

Any suggestions or ideas would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Reply to
news

Interesting... these aren't common symptoms of common Focus CL faults ;)

It sounds like you have a dodgy connection to your CL controller, or possibly even a sick CL controller! Given the price of these things you really want to exclude everything else like associated fuses, relays, dodgy earth points and wiring before committing to changing it, but I suspect a garage is going to have be involved at some point ;(

Sorry I couldn't be more help...

Reply to
Richard Parkin