1994 Mondeo 1.8

Hi,I have just purchased a 1994 Mondeo LX 1.8.I seem to be having intermittent problems with the central locking,it seems to lock ok,but when I go to open,it is only the drivers door that opens and the others remain locked,even from the inside.The car had been sitting idle for a few months and the battery had died.The car has now had a good run after its few months rest but this problem remains.I did manage to get all the doors to open,this is when I tried to open the passenger doors,but couldn't,then,when pulling the handle this seemed to kick something into action and all the doors opened.This is not a remote central locking,as I only have a plain red key,with no button on it,can anyone shed any light on this for me,also,with the car being out of action and the battery dead,this has seemed to disabled the factory fitted radio,which now does not come on,it lights up but it is keycode protected and I don't have the keycode,does anyone know a legal way to get this back into action,this would be very much appreciated,thnx in advance for any help offered,cheers

Reply to
Allan

I am also having a problem with engine cutting out after starting first thing in the morning,when I pull away it is fine then when I stop at a junction,say,it will cut out,it does this a couple of times then everything is fine after that,as I say,it only seems to happen when car is left overnight,can anyone give me a reason for it doing this,surely it is not just because the engine is cold and I need to let it run a while before I pull away,any advice is welcome,thnx

Allan

Reply to
Allan