Mondeo EEC-IV code reader

At the Ford Scorpio site there is a page relating to the testing of ford EEC-IV systems together with details of the pin out for the 16 pin plug and how to construct a simple code reader. Since the connector described has an identical pin out (pins

3,4,5,7,11 and 16) as the one on my mondeo, I assume the funtionallity is probably the same. Clearly this only applies to the 95/96 models which don't have the 3 pin connector in the engine compartment. The later models (EEC-V), I know use the J1850 protocol on pins 2 and 10. I wondered if any one has tried this yet?

link to site

regards Tom

Reply to
Tom Nielsen

This information applies to some early American Ford EEC-IV systems and does not apply to European vehicles. Your Mondeo is different again using Ford SCP communications , there is no simple way to interrogate this system. Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike