Mondeo Headlamp Problem

I noticed tonight that my dip beam is not working on both lights,

The side lights are ok and when I put main beam on thats ok also.

I checked the fuses and they seem ok and I swapped the dip/main beam relays and that made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

PDS

1999, S Reg 1.8 Verona.
Reply to
PDS

both bulbs gone?

ok, rare, but happened to a friends festa.

Reply to
Neil

Neil wrote: > both bulbs gone? >

Possible, but if so likely to be a voltage surge caused by a poor earth connection common to both lamps or an alternator fault.

My guess would be faulty dipswitch or connection to it.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Most times I've had this it's been the bulbs. One's been gone for ages but you only notice when the other one goes.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Jeeezus, just go and check the bulbs before you do anything else. I've seen so many vehicles like this over the years.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt