Mondeo Noise

I have just bought a 1999 S Reg 1.8 Verona from the auction and it is a spanking motor.

The only thing is a background whining noise when the clutch is down.

When I riase the clutch to engage the sound disappears.

When the cluth is down and you rev the engine the noise goes up and down in time with the revs.

Anyone got any ideas ?????

Freddy.

Reply to
Freddy

The message from Freddy contains these words:

You've dicovered why they flogged it!

It's sounds like the clutch release bearing - which means you've got the same amount of work as changing a clutch.

If you do it - and you could put it off for a very long time by learning not to use the clutch pedal for more than a moment or two and then only when unavoidable - then you'd be mad not to change the rest of the clutch at the same time since the cost of the parts is a very small proportion of the cost of the labour on Mondeo clutches.

They're generally about £400 to replace - or so I'm told.

Reply to
Guy King

At least.

Pig of a job to do. Almost as bad as a MkI Vectra.

Reply to
SteveH

Its a new car ... don't most people scrap them when the first three figure bill comes up??

Reply to
Mr Fix It