mondeo mk1 -mk2 td timing are they the same

Hi all

I have changed timing belts on mk 1 diesel engine and I now want to change the belts on a mk2 2000/w are there any differences from the mk 1.? The only reference I have is the mk1 Haynes manual as they don't publish a revised manual for the mk2 td

best regards

Reply to
William Teach

In message , William Teach writes

Some Mk2's have an automatic tensioner while some of them retain the manual tensioner from the Mk1. I believe the manual tensioner setup uses the same 6mm drill bits to time the crank and pump pulleys while on the automatic tensioner version, a flat bar is inserted on the other end of the camshaft to lock it into the correct position.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , Paul Giverin writes

Oops, to much chardonnay tonight. I meant CAM and pump pulleys.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

cheers thanks for that you have to use the flat bar and the bits in the pump on the mk1 also

best wishes

Reply to
William Teach

In message , William Teach writes

I've never used the flat bar on the Mk1. I just used a 6mm drill in the cam sprocket and the injection pump sprocket. I used a 47.5mm long pin to set up TDC.

Reply to
Paul Giverin