Mondeo - no heater

Hello all, my Mondeo has very little cabin heating. Thought it might be a blocked pollen filter, had a look - NO pollen filter! Could this mean than the air flow through the matrix is too high - so no heating, or is it likely that the lack of a filter means that the air ways in the matric have got blocked up with crud? Basically, what I'm asking is should I pull the matrix ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick

It means the matrix is knackered, it's all clogged up inside. It is water from the engine that flows through the heating matrix. A temporary fix would be to flush it out, but you might find it is beyond repair. A new one costs around £100 to have supplied and fitted. It's just corrosion from your cooling system breaking off nd as the water channels inside the matrix are very narrow it just happens. It's a lot worse if people use products to cure leaks, it glues the gunge together.

Think about the fault in a logical way. How does a matrix work, how is it supplied, how does it produce heat - then see which stage does not work.

Reply to
Brian

Not what I wanted to hear, but what I suspected! Seems a little tricky to get at, under the car, but I should be able to pull it out and have a look myself. =A3100 eh, guess that is about =A350 for the part and about =A350 labour. Thanks for the post!

Reply to
Nick

Lack of pollen filter makes no difference. Assuming the temp guage is normal, it's most likely a blocked heater matrix.

Reply to
Conor

If this is an early Mondeo, check that the hot/cold deflector flap moves with the control...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Reply to