mot

That takes the Piss!

How much is it?

Andy

Reply to
akd

Clocks? I use a trusty sundial.

I save the winding up for people, cause it's just so much more fun :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Most likely he'll face that draconian punushment - He'll be banned.

Reply to
Stuffed

Pretty much. There comes a point where I think the "victims" stupidity has to be taken into account. I for one am sick of protecting other people's charges by proxy.

Reply to
Stuffed

You're damned right I didn't. I did some pretty stupid things. But why that should be used to excuse utter stupidity in others is beyond me.

I'm not talking about kids that are taught how to behave and then ignore it, I'm talking about the oh so common around here children who wander around till gone dark, while their parents get stoned and figure the childs safety is someone elses problem. The odd child making a mistake and ending up in the road is one of those things, but the half dozen using a narrow twisting road on a steep hill to skateboard, when there's a skateboard park all of 5 minutes walk down the road are really not the sharpest tools in the box.

I'd never deliberately run them over, how ever tempting it is to give evolution a little helping hand. I just hate the sheer number of idiots around here, if it isn't blind 90 year olds pulling out from light controlled junctions, it's school runners targeting the side of my car on islands, cyclists going through red lights on the biggest set of lights in the town, often at night wearing black and with no lights, and to cap it all off, I have to be thinking of somebody elses children because somebody else is too busy getting out their too stupid to breed skull.

You may think I exaggerate, but I really do live in a small town that's evenly split between pot heads and retired snobs, so every journey is an adventure!

Reply to
Stuffed

Yup. At any time someone could do something really bloody stupid. But the safety mob seem to think the only ones to worry about are the little uns. That's my gripe. Well, that, and the fact driving is hazardous enough without certain people adding even more danger to it, and themselves.

Reply to
Stuffed

The message from "Stuffed" contains these words:

The trouble is - at 30mph, how do you tell the difference?

Reply to
Guy King

The ones who have the parental lack are the ones who stick 2 fingers up and hurl abuse as you thank whatever deity the front of your car is still blood free.

The ones who were just being silly, or made a genuine mistake, are usually as white and trembling as I am at that point.

Reply to
Stuffed

Gee, that'll make a difference to his driving without a licence.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Apparently, after the third or fourth ban, they even consider prison, but often, to save overcrowding, they ban you again...

Reply to
Stuffed

ahh, hm. well, that seems completely stupid to me!

Reply to
barry

Remember this is a computer "solution" designed by a Government department that is being implemented by Siemens. Neither of them have a good track record in the area of computerisation. The Passport Agency fiasco springs to mind...........

Graham

Reply to
Graham