Roadside assistance/relay

Hi,
does anybody still offer towing to a UK destination of your choice if the vehicle can't be fixed at the roadside?
RAC and AA used to but now they only offer towing to the nearest garage
and then see...
Andy

I think several do. Certainly Britannia do and, so far as I am aware so do Greenflag.
Kev
On Sat, 07 May 2005 10:43:12 GMT, Andy wrote:

AA still do. Options 200,300,400 all come with Relay which transports you, car, caravan/trailer and seven passengers to any UK mainland destination if they cannot get the car going at the roadside.
They even drove me and my car from the scottish highlands to Warwick after I broke my ankle and was unable to drive.

Where did you get that information? I'm with the RAC and they will take you to any destination you want if you break down, depends on cover of course.I'm sure the AA do the same.
Mike
says...

AA and RAC still do but not for the skinflint package.
--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Andy wrote:

Andy,
Here's a link for you to have a look at:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?S6362590B - the full URL is shown below.
http://www.rac.co.uk/breakdowncover/uk/?promotion=WB0001&drc=WEB003&affinity=NA0001&outlet=WEB01
If you are member of a trade union, then they will give a discount.
After 23 years, I have just left the RAC and joined Britannia Rescue on their Rescue and Recovery and at Home package for 106 (including personal cover for my wife and self) - a discount of 20% was given for being a Union union member (it is around 80 if you just cover the car)
Brian G
Brian G wrote:

http://www.rac.co.uk/breakdowncover/uk/?promotion=WB0001&drc=WEB003&affinity=NA0001&outlet=WEB01
Should have read "Unison union memeber"
(Thick finger syndrome tonight) :-)
Brian G

Cheapest I found was Autonational - 63 for their 'all in' service. Was a bit wary at first - seems v cheap, but my dad has called them out and they were fine so I signed up. Fingers crossed.