MOT Results

R D S ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wheel bearing's the one I'd be _most_ likely to leave to somebody else, tbh. It's certainly going to be the most grief.

Reply to
Adrian

Fiat Multipla, 2000, 1.9 Diesel 105

Failed on the following,

Front anti roll bar linkage excessive play in a ball joint. Offside suspension arm excessive play in a ball joint. Nearside wheel bearing excessive play. Nearside track rod end ball joint excessive play.

What sort of cost should I be looking at to sort the above? Testing garage reckoned about £180+VAT, but he will need to price the bits first. I have done wheel bearings myself in the past, are they all much of a muchnesss?

Cheers, Rick

Reply to
R D S

Fair enough, do the ball joints simply unbolt? Or do whole chunks need to be replaced? When the garage who did the tyres almost scared the girlfriend into parting with the best part of £500 there was talk of things being complete units, made of cast iron, but TBH I only got half a story.

Reply to
R D S

It would be normal to just replace the whole lower suspension arm, they are very cheap for many cars, otherwise it usually possible, though sometimes difficult to change the ball joint on its own,

Reply to
Mrcheerful