Restoring black plastic trim

Hi all, I`ve got a Passat with black plastic trim that had faded to a lovely grey colour, and i`d like to change it back. What would people recommend for the long term solution of turning the external plastic back to the original black colour?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Autoglym bumper care is the best I have found. Also removes white residue from wax. I've been very pleased with the result on my cars. Available from Halfords etc

Matt

Does it actually help restore the black colour, as well as protect it? The plastic is fairly faded now, a grotty grey colour :-(

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Yes, extremly well, but use it sparingly, as too much makes it go greasy.

Reply to
Matt

That`s what I wanted to hear, time to get shopping tomorrow then :-)

Thanks!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

peanut butter worked on my corsa , they were grotty gray, still looks ok a month after

Reply to
luna

Best option is to respray the car the colour of the trim. Then you get colour-keyed trim for free.

You end up driving a car in 'Grotty Grey', but at least it's better than 'Autumn Harvest', or whatever they called that colour that looked like sick on the good old Allagro.

;-)

Al.

Reply to
Al