MOT today.

Pleased that my 97 E39 passed today after a year and 9k miles of trouble free motoring. One advisory. N/s tie rod ball end. Maintenance costs for the year, £69 new battery, service £35, and a new tail light bulb. Chuffed. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Wonder if it was actually the inner ball joint on the rack - I've had that as an advisory since I've had the car, although not every tester mentions it. Has no effect on the road manners, though,

They're still a fine car to drive and I've not felt the need to change mine, which usually happens after 5 or so years of ownership with others.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is that ball joint, and as you say, it appears to have no affect on the handling. I'll probably buy both tie rods complete with ball ends, and have them fitted when convenient. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G