My fan in the car (an audi a4- R reg with air con ) has stopped working

Help!
My fan in the car (an audi a4- R reg with air con ) has stopped working - but being unused to such technology I don't evenknow where the motor
for it is. If I found it, would a good tap or some WD40 do the trick?
Orcini

WD40 never does the trick for anything other than a temporary bodge.
But do you mean the fan which blows air into the cabin? If so, it's often the speed controlling 'resistor' which fails rather than the motor itself.
--
*Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker *

Disagree. It has fixed the poor earthing of my tailgate by cleaning the hinges beautifully. Over a year ago.

I bought a new fridge freezer a few years back with a squeaky door hinge. WD40 seems to have solved it :-)
<whistles off to the pub>

It's the same fan as fitted to a VW Passat which is a weak point.
On a Passat you access it by removing the glovebox and passanger airbag. The A4 will be similar.
German & Swedish can supply a replacement, 95 + VAT, part number 93498C
http://www.gsfcarparts.com /
Not worth fitting a s/h one as it may be about to fail also.
Alan.