Need a new battery

The radio head in my Nissan is "assigned" to the car, removing it and plugging it in elsewhere will result in it sticking it's electronic thumb in it's mouth. It takes a dealer to "assign" new bits to the car under this method but it is secure.

Trouble is, you'll still get some prick who will break the window and steal the head because he is dense/thick/drugged up/stupid/(add your thoughts here).

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Outlawing head units in cars would completely stop thefts of ALL head units (from being reported, anyway).

That doesn't mean it isn't a ridiculous idea.

Just as well I don't ever expect to want an OEM VAG head unit.

Reply to
David Taylor

Exactly. Nothing to stop folk trying to twiddle with the radio. Plus, these sorts of folk mostly always find a way 'around' secure systems.

Reply to
David R