New addition to the fleet...

I may be asking some maintenance related questions!

And how I want it to look...

SteveH

Do you need the radio code?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I need the radio first!

Reply to
SteveH

Rust free! ;-)

Congrats on nabbing a nice one. I'm sure that it'll be the most uber cool car to own.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Can you still get valves for the radio ?

Reply to
Andrew

Surely they are made out of some sort of resin-based material that makes the body indestructable ?

Reply to
Andrew

probably uses a cats whisker and receives morse ;-)

Body and paint looks in nice nick though, how old, how many miles and what green credentials of engine does it have?

Plans to mod out the insides or keep it original?

Future track day hero?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

It was built in Feb. 1984 and has 126,000 km on it. I suspect the engine has either been replaced or rebuilt more than once.

Green credentials... well, they allegedly do around 50mpg and are made from recycled cotton fibres. Plus I've stopped an old car hitting the scrap heap. We won't mention the haze of 2-stroke it leave behind, though!

Keep it largely original. Not even installing a stereo - I'll rely on my little Bose Soundlink speaker and mobile phone.

It will appear on a track day, yes. Probably Llandow.

Reply to
SteveH

The floor and monocoque are steel and can rot badly. This one appears to be very solid, though.

Bolt on panels etc., are 'Duroplast', which is indestructible. The preferred method of recyling is to shred and mix into concrete for buildings / pavements etc.

(Duroplast is made from recyled cotton fibres!)

Reply to
SteveH

Whoosh! ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I think an 8-track cartridge system wouldn't look too out of place. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The cartridges are suffering from foam rot now, which is tricky to replace.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Decadent capitalist pig!

Reply to
SteveH

Complete with Halle Berry?

Reply to
newshound

Harry Moss?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

LURVELY!

Please don't. Or, if you do, make sure it's all easily removable so when you get bored and sell it to me...

Reply to
Adrian

Yep... and getting to some of the rotten bits can be entertaining.

Reply to
Adrian