Replace indicator stalk 107?

What is an average price to supply and replace the indicator stalk on a

107? (Main dealer and independent) It is very hit and miss when indicating right.

I was going to have a go at taking it apart and cleaning it myself but didn't fancy taking the steering wheel and airbag off.

Reply to
George

around 200 all in at an independent, or 300 at main dealer

Reply to
MrCheerful

Maybe too late now for you as I just noticed this post.

My mothers Aygo which is basically the same car if you mean a Peugeot

107 suffered from similar problems and it is well known the stalk assembly gives problems.

Removing the bits to get to it isn't really that difficult if you have the relevant tools. I found this on a Toyota forum which was one of the best descriptions of how to do it I found.

After removal I opened the assemby and cleaned the contacts and tracks with an electrical contact cleaner ,Servisol Super10 was the one I had available, and reassembled. Mothers car is now 6 old and so being able to be a bit more cavalier with it if the problem reoccurs I now I know where to squirt so would try that first which could cut down on the disassembly. However since I cleaned it has remained working fine.

Cost of switch lubricant about £4.

A replacement stalk would have been about £80 plus whatever the rate a garage would charge , someone well practised in changing it would only need about an hour if not less.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Apologies for resurrecting this thread - but what were your symptoms and did you solve the problem?

My 107 intermittently makes multiple clicking noises when engaged to the right (with the indicator lights flashing correspondingly fast), sometimes just does nothing at all and sometimes works fine.

The bulbs seem ok, but I will try cleaning all the connections before going into the stalk assembly (just boarded a ferry to France, so will have to wait a week!).

Reply to
steve

Does the fast flashing happen on both sides? If it does, likely a poor connection at the switch or flasher unit - it's seeing a lower load than it should.

Also, a dirty or faulty hazard warning switch can cause the same symptoms, as it has to alter the connections to both sides. At least on older cars. And since it's not much used, quite likely to have dirty contacts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The plates oxidise. If you are extremely careful you can take it to bits and clean the crud off. After the shroud, the steering wheel and air bag have to come off.

Reply to
Graham T