New car suggestions

Hehe, I was being facetious based on a post further up stereotyping every car of the range must be rust ..... Ive had 3 800s through the years and only one suffered with rust, (a mk1), with a corroded front subframe failing an mot one year, but that was like 3 years after I bought it for 600 quid, still damn cheap motoring having put 50,000 on it in the time I had it.

Ad

Reply to
Mad Ad

Well I finally bought a replacement - I've decided not to spend more than a few hundred quid so have just bought a banger to last a year or two. I've now got an '92 820Si hatchback which is taxed & MOT'd for the rest of the year. It's also got every MOT certificate it's ever had, along with all the failure sheets and receipts for the work done. Bodywise it isn't fantastic (mainly scratches and paintwork rather than rust) but the engine is brilliant and purrs even at 6000rpm. Certainly much better than the 1997 Sterling I had (though that could just have been because it was auto). Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis