Nissab Almera clutch

I've noticed signs of clutch slip on my Almera (1996P, 1.6GX). Is this an indication of a replacement clutch required or is there an adjustment I can
try. Mileage is only 53000 and I am usually fairly light on clutches.
Terry D

I assume it's a cable operated clutch as other Nissans of that age were. Can you detect free play at the top of the clutch pedal movement? If not then it can cause slipping. You can adjust the cable on top of the gearbox to get some free play in the foot pedal, about 1 or 2 cm is usual. If that doesn't work you need a new clutch.